Friday, October 28, 2011

Another fun trip to MV...

I packed up Olivia a couple of weeks ago and headed to Mount Vernon for a few days to visit my family.  One of the most difficult things I've struggled with since having Olivia is having my family so far away.  I wish it was easier to pack her up and go visit for an afternoon.  But since its more than an hour drive, this just isn't easy with a baby who hates the car.  It all has to be well planned so that she is napping during the long drive and I always feel badly leaving Zach behind.  He loves coming home from work and scooping up his precious little girl.  He spends the rest of the evening playing with her, feeding her, and holding her.  He's always so understanding though and knows how much I love spending time with my family.  We spent five whole days of fun hanging out with cousins, aunties, uncles, grandparents, and great-grandparents. 

We arrived Wednesday afternoon and spent the day hanging out at my mom's with the cousins.

Thursday after Emily got out of preschool we packed everyone up and met my dad out at Gordon's Pumpkin Patch. 








My two favorite girls in the whole world...






Grandma Emily...


Grandpa Jim....






This brings back sweet memories from when I was a little girl and rode on my dad's shoulders.





Jack LOVES tractors...



The Emilys.  Two of my most favorite people...

Charlie slept almost the whole time we were there.  He finally woke up right at the end just in time to see the pumpkins and have some fun with his sister and brother...



 These are the days I treasure dear in my heart!



That evening my mom planned an "Ice Cream Social Meet and Greet" for Olivia at her house.  We invited all of the great-aunties and uncles, cousins, and great-grandparents.  Several of them had not met Olivia yet.  It was a wonderful time.



Olivia's great-aunt Deanna and great-uncle Brian...


Olivia's great uncle Gary and great-grandma Charlotte...



Cousin Leah... 

Charlie LOVES his great-uncle Brian...


Olivia is SO very lucky to have cousins who love her so much!





Friday we spent some time at my sister's house playing with the cousins and Emily's friend Olivia.  They think it's just great that there's two Olivias!




I love this picture!!  Charlie is sticking his finger in Olivia's mouth...I wish I knew what he was thinking!



Friday night we celebrated Grandma Patti's 60th Birthday...






 

Then it was back to the Joneses to see the cousins and grandma Emily and hang out.  Emily, Jack and Charlie played and wrestled while Olivia watched safely from Auntie Anne's arms...









After a while Charlie was wrestled out and decided to join Olivia...




Saturday my dad and Patti headed out to Deception Pass for one last camping trip.  That evening we headed out to visit them.  I was a little emotional as we entered the park.  The last time I was there was a few days before I had Olivia.


We built a fire and ate dinner...


There was a beautiful sunset...

It got REALLY cold as evening fell.  Emily roasted a couple of marshmallows for smores, then we headed back home...


Sunday morning Zach called and said he didn't have to work after all.  (He had called Friday and said he had to work all weekend so we had extended our stay.)  We left Sunday morning as soon as Olivia went down for her nap.

It was a wonderful time!  It's times like these that fill my heart full of happiness and joy.  Family is SO important!




No comments:

Post a Comment