Sunday, June 5, 2011

Gardening

Zach built me a new garden this year in an area that will get more sunlight.  We've been itching to get some plants in the garden, but with the cold, rainy weather we wanted to make sure we wouldn't have any more freezing nights before planting anything.  We also decided to do a smaller garden this year since I will be rather "big" this summer.  We always plant stuff to make fresh pico de gallo (tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, and cilantro).  We also planted leeks, sage, and Italian parsley.  The sage and Italian parsley were inspired by the cooking class!





I have to include some of my favorite plants in our yard this year.  One of my favorite books growing up was The Lupin Lady.  Because of this book, I LOVE lupins!  

 

This cala lily gets bigger and bigger every year.  It is Zach and my favorite plant in the yard!


This is my favorite pot this year.  I don't know what these flowers are, some kind of daisy.  They have purple and yellow centers and are beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Gardens are so much fun (work too but the reward is worth it!) LOVE the flowers!! Mmm Home made pico de gallo. That sounds good!

    ReplyDelete