Tuesday, March 27, 2012

8 Months!



Our little precious girl is eight months today!  Boy has this last month been a month of milestones...  She began crawling, and loves to be down getting into every little thing she possibly can.  We are constantly chasing her around making sure she doesn't bonk her head on the coffee table or get into something she's not supposed to.  She loves to be outside.  As the weather has gotten nice toward the latter part of March we have been outside a lot.  One of her favorite things to do is ride in the backpack on Daddy's back watching him work around the yard and on various projects.  She'll easily hang out in the backpack for over an hour outside.  We also have been going on a lot of walks.  I love to watch her look around and take in everything around her.  My mom and Emily came down to visit this last week and Olivia LOVES Emily.  We walked to the park and I thought Olivia was going to jump out of the backpack so she could watch Emily ride her bike.  We walked to the park and Olivia went swinging for the first time.  She smiled from ear to ear and screamed bouts of joy as she swung back and forth.  She is going through a little mama stage and only wants me to hold her most of the time.  Although I love that she loves me, I also want her to go to other people.  I'm hopeful she'll grow out of it quickly.  This last month she also began rolling over from her back to her tummy.  She also loves trying to mimic faces or sounds we make.  She is SO social and I love watching her interact with other people.  When we go somewhere she immediately begins looking at each person making sure they make eye contact with her and notice her.  If they don't, she'll begin making spitting noises at them until they notice her and acknowledge her.  It's been absolutely incredible watching her change and grow.  I have to say these last couple of months have been my favorite.  I love watching her turn into a little person with such a BIG personality.

1 comment: