Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy, But Sad Momma...

My good friend Tiffany let us borrow her rock n play for Olivia to sleep in when she was born.  This is is a definite must have for any new mom.  Olivia LOVES this thing and it has been awesome!  It's light weight, and so easy to carry to any room in the house or to my mom's when we visit. 

However, the reason for this post is that she has outgrown it. She's too long for it and kicks the bottom waking herself up. So... last night she slept in her crib for the first time.  It was a bittersweet moment.  Most nights when she was in the rock n play she ended up sometime during the night sleeping on me, which has been killing my lower back and causing me to get no sleep.  She also is a very loud sleeper.   She talks in her sleep and makes grunting noises all night long keeping me up.  It's the cutest thing you ever heard, but as any mom knows, anytime your little baby makes a noise you wake up.  So, I'm happy that she'll be in her crib, not sleeping on me, but I'm so sad that our little girl is not going to be in our room anymore.  I have a video monitor and can watch her and hear her, but it's not the same.  It felt so strange not having her in our room last night. (Of course I didn't get any sleep because I was so worried about her.)  She did pretty well though.  She woke up a few times, but slept straight from 4-8 am and I finally got some sleep. 





No comments:

Post a Comment