Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas

Sticking to tradition we went to my sister's house for Christmas morning.  I LOVE this tradition since it always all about the kids!  My sister and I love traditions so we started this one when Emily was a baby.  I bought her a pickle.  Each Christmas the pickle is supposed to be hidden and whoever finds it gets and extra Christmas gift.  However, we changed it a little to make it fair to all of the kids.  The pickle was hidden and whoever found it go to open the first Christmas gift.  We also started a new tradition this year... Elf on the Shelf.  I'm so excited for Olivia to get to participate in these fun traditions once she's little older.



 


 Emily then began playing Santa Clause delivering gifts to everyone...





Cesar joined us again this year!  We haven't seen him in a few years at Christmas so it was a nice surprise!


Olivia slept through her first Christmas morning.  I opened her gifts from the family with Emily's help...


Somehow my husband and brother-in-law always end up in bed together...
This time they had snuck up stairs so Bryan could show Zach his new projector.  It's like being at the movie theatre in the comfort of your own bed!


My sister made these adorable dinosaur hooded bath towels and dinosaur tails for all three of her kids.  They are so cute! 

 Charlie was walking around the house roaring like a little dinosaur...




Soon there was a knock at the door.  Usually Santa stays and hands out his gifts, but this year he just left his bag with a gift for each of the kids...



My sister also made this amazing puppet theatre for Emily with finger puppets.  Emily was trying to put on a puppet show for us, but when you have pesky little brothers it can be difficult...



Olivia finally woke up and got to open her gift from Santa's bag.  It was a little piano!


Once again it was an amazing time with family.  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect Christmas morning for Olivia.



Christmas afternoon we headed up to my grandparents house for our extended family Christmas... 










Anne and Zach were the photographers for the day.  They took this picture of each other taking a picture...


No comments:

Post a Comment