Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 2012

It's been such a busy month I feel like I haven't had a chance to upload our pictures from this month.  We started out the month with Olivia's first stroller ride in her big girl stroller.  My sister and Bryan graciously gave us this stroller.  It's SO nice! 

She did ok the first time, but got a little fussy toward the end.  I think it was a little too cold...



The second time around she did a lot better and even fell asleep...






 She also jumped in her jumper for the first time this month and loved it...







She definitely knows what her bottle is now.  She now reaches for it when she sees it and holds it on her own with both hands...


She started a new little "trick" (if that's what you want to call it) when she eats.  She tries to suck her thumb while she's eating.  It's pretty funny, but it breaks her latch and she gets frustrated...





Martin Luther King, Jr. week the snow started to fall.  I quickly got down Olivia's little sled a parent from work got her, bundled her up, and took her out to enjoy her first snow fall.  We only stayed outside for about 5 minutes because I worried about her getting too cold, but she LOVED it and laughed the whole time!



 She reminds me of a rodeo cowgirl in this picture...







Like so many others, we did not venture out during the week.  It was so cold.  Everything was frozen and it was too dangerous to drive.  School was cancelled all week and Zach's work was too. 


Thursday morning a little before 7 a.m. our power went out.  Zach and our neighbor hooked up the generator so the fridge would run and we had heat, but no stove and no hot water.  I cooked outside on our little Keg-A-Que...



I called PSE on Saturday afternoon and was told that we wouldn't have power until Wednesday.  I decided to pack up Olivia and head up to MV.  They had over 10 inches of snow, but still had power.  By Saturday all of their snow was melted, and I had been itching to go up and visit.

Sunday after church Grandpa Jim stopped by for a visit.  Olivia has been a stinker lately about letting men hold her.  I was so happy she let her grandpa hold her...


My cousins Rachel and Todd had a little girl who just turned a year.  Rachel was so nice and gave my mom Ava's "equipment" to use at her house.  Now I don't have to pack so much stuff when I go up to visit and Olivia LOVED jumping in Ava's jumper...


And her cousins loved helping her jump...



Later that evening we went to my sister's house for dinner.  After dinner Emily and Jack decided it was time for games.   First we played Twister and then Hangman.  My sister and I love family game nights...

My two favorite girls...


Emily can't get enough of her little cousin.  She dressed her in her special princess crown...


Emily kept her laughing and laughing by dancing around and acting silly for Olivia...


Monday morning Zach called with good news.  After 5 days, our power was back on!  My dad stopped by for one last visit.  Olivia let him give her a bottle...



 The Joneses also stopped by for one last cousin play date before we had to leave.  I was sad to go after such a great time; it was just too short.  Olivia and I will be heading back up next month for five days to stay with my sister while Bryan is in New York at a conference.  I can't wait!






No comments:

Post a Comment