Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Hazel Grace 5 Months


It's so hard to believe this sweet little babe is already five months old. She continues to be the sweetest little baby. Smiling constantly, especially when her big sister is around. She even smiles in her sleep (as you can see in the photo above on the bottom.) She now weighs in over 20 lbs and is wearing 9-12 month clothes and some 12 month clothes. I had to make my first clothing purchase for her this month since Olivia was always so true to size. She wore 12 month clothes at 10-12 months which for Olivia was May-July. When I pulled out the 12 month clothes they were mostly all sun dresses, short sleeved shirts and summer type clothes. I have to admit it was nice to get to buy some new clothes for little miss Hazel. :)

This month Hazel swung in the outdoor, playground swing for the first time and LOVED it! I bundled her all up and just like Olivia used to do, she smiled and smiled and then fell asleep. Olivia used to love the swing and would swing for hours. I have a feeling Hazel is going to follow in her footsteps. 

She also rolled over for the first time last Sunday, September 20. We had been watching her for a few days and knew she was getting ready. She would lie on her back and roll up on her side, but hadn't quite rolled herself over onto her tummy. I was watching closely, got out my phone and started video taping. I got an error message that my memory was full. Of course when I went to delete the videos to create more room so I could keep recording, she rolled over! I was so close to catching it! She's a pretty strong little girl to roll from her back to her tummy. Usually babies roll from their tummies to their backs first since it's easier.

Hazel loves reading books with me and Olivia, listening to us sing songs and watching Olivia dance. Honestly, anything that includes Olivia! It makes me emotional already watching them and knowing what a sister bond is like. Olivia is truly this little girl's favorite person in the whole world. Hazel watches her every move, smiling and laughing hysterically. And Olivia continues to be the most amazing big sister ever! She loves Hazel and is extremely protective over her. She attends to her every need and is there to make her smile anytime she fusses. I know these two girls are going to be the best of friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment