Wednesday, September 7, 2011

6 Weeks

The pictures say it all.  This was the first time I was able to snap a quick picture of Olivia today where she wasn't crying.  The last week has been a trying one for everyone in our house.  Poor Olivia is having tummy and gas issues, which means her mommy isn't getting very much sleep.  It's the worst feeling in the world to be holding your screaming child and nothing you do helps.  We go through the 5 S's (shushing, sucking, laying on their side, swaddling, and swaying/swinging), I've tried the gripe water, a warm cloth on her tummy, but nothing really consistently helps except for help.  Zach is amazing.  He comes home everyday after work and takes her for most of the evening.  I just keep telling myself "And this to will pass."  (Hopefully sooner than later for all of our well being.)  But it's worth it all and I wouldn't trade it for anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment