Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Beginning

I've thought of doing a blog for over a year now, but I really began to think about it after we found out we are pregnant.  I LOVE reading my sister's blog, and check it daily for new posts to see what my little niece and nephews have been up to.  So here begins my journey....

I've decided to begin with the evening we found out we are expecting a new addition to our family. It all began the morning of Friday, December 3, 2010.  I had been diligently recording every cycle and taking pregnancy test after pregnancy test, eager to finally see those two pink lines.  I took a test after waking up Friday morning, but didn't want Zach to see it, so I hid it above the cabinet in the bathroom.  Apparently I already had pregnancy brain because I forgot about the test and went to work.  About  half way through the day I remembered, and couldn't wait to get home to check it out.  When I walked through the door Mary, Zach's sister, and Zach were visiting in the family room.  I calmly walked to the bathroom and pulled the pregnancy test from the cabinet.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the two pink lines.  I thought it must be a mistake because it had been sitting for too long.  I instantly pulled another test from my stash and took it.  Immediately, two light pink lines came through the window on the test.  I can't explain the emotions that rushed through me!  I was SO excited, but still in disbelief.  The line that says your pregnant was so light; I didn't want to get my hopes up only to find out that I wasn't really pregnant.  After taking the second test, I snuck out of the bathroom and got the camera to take pictures of the tests and made a doctor's appointment for the next morning at 11 AM to have a blood test done, just to make sure.   


I waited for Mary to leave, all the time agonizing over how I was going to share this very special news with Zach.  I wanted it to be memorable.  I waited for Mary to leave, set up the video camera and called Zach into the bedroom to record this life changing moment!  He was obviously as surprised and skeptical as I was...



The next morning I headed off to my doctor's office.  She insisted we did not need to do a blood test unless I really wanted to.  She said that a false positive is highly unlikely.  I still asked for one more test from the doctor's office, even though she said their tests are exactly the same as the store bought ones.  I just needed to hear it from the doctor and her test to really believe it.  Only a few minutes later, it all became a reality!  I immediately called Zach, who had to work that Saturday, and then my sister, mom, dad, and brother.  My original plan was to keep it a secret until Christmas and tell everybody at once, but once I left the doctor's office, I couldn't contain my joy and had to share it with my family!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited you created this blog Jennifer. It is going to be so much fun following your adventures.
    Love and Hugs,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete