Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Zach!

Last week Zach celebrated his birthday four times!  We started on Wednesday, the day before his birthday celebrating with his family.







Thursday morning I got a quick birthday picture of him before he left for work.   


When he came home Mary had filled the hallway and bathroom full of balloons.




Instead of going out for dinner he wanted one of his favorites: spicy hotlinks, potatoes, and sauteed mushrooms.  After dinner he opened presents and relaxed for the rest of the evening.


I really didn't know what to get Zach since every time he needs something he buys it.  I decided on a bathrobe embroidered with an M on it.  He is always stealing my bathrobe and I have to admit this one looks much better on him!


 

Friday evening we celebrated at my mom's house.  We had another one of his favorites: cheese pizza and cheesecake for dessert.  Emily and Jack were happy to help Uncle Zach blow out his candles.  





Instead of cheesecake and pizza, I found something else that sounded good... bananas dipped in chocolate sauce.  This really made me feel pregnant!  I've never eaten anything like this before, and it was DELICIOUS!

Finally, late Friday night we picked up the RV from Camping World.  Zach had enjoyed a couple of birthday drinks with Bryan so I towed the trailer for the first time.  It was definitely a learning experience and a little scary. It's an additional 31 feet behind the Expedition!  It was dark and we were on the back country roads in Burlington/Bay View.   I just took my time and listened to every piece of advice Zach gave me.  He's such a good coach!  We made it safely to my Dad and Patti's, which has become one of our new favorite camping spots, and Zach was greeted with more birthday wishes and gifts.   It was a great beginning to a fun Easter weekend with family and friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment