Monday, April 11, 2011

Our First Look at Baby M

Wednesday, December 29 was a very exciting day for us.  We had our first doctor's appointment with my OB, Dr. Te.  We thought I was about 8 weeks pregnant, making my due date August 7 (my brother's birthday!)  As Dr. Te wheeled in the big ultrasound machine and began, I can't begin to put into words how I felt.  It was the most exciting moment!  It took a couple of minutes, but then up on the screen appeared the beginning of our little baby.  It still had a tail and was very hard to see, but the baby was there, and he or she was ours!  Unfortunately, since I was still so early we couldn't hear the heart beat, but we could see it and it was so amazing, flashing on the screen!

Our next appointment was Wednesday, January 26.  I was almost 12 weeks.  This time we were able to hear the heart beat and see the outline of Baby M's skull and the beginning of the little hands and feet! 

I know it's kind of hard to see, but I think when it's your baby, you can just see it so clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment